A New You Spa is pleased to help light the way to end sex trafficking
… with hand-crafted candles on a mission to abolish slavery.
Beauty of Hope candles will transform your home into a retreat while bringing healing and restoration to survivors of sex trafficking. Ten percent (10%) of each purchase is donated to non-profits that are working every day to set men, women, and children free.
Each candle is designed with unique fragrance combinations using naturally derived fragrance oils and essential oils. Beauty of Hope has partnered with master scent artists and fragrances houses to design notes that are unique and classic.
With finely woven cotton wick and made-in-the-USA vessels, the 8-oz. glass votives from its signature collection are designed to be reusable for succulents, makeup brushes, pens … and maybe even re-purposed as favorite drinking glasses!
After testing multiple waxes and blends and listening to what customers sought after in a luxury candle Beauty of Hope landed on a custom soy blend sourced from USA farmers that creates the ideal smooth and clean burn.
Some Human Trafficking Statistics
- On any given night, between 300 and 500 minors are exploited on the streets of Seattle.
- The average age of entry into prostitution in the United States is between the ages of 11-13.
- 1 in 3 runaways will be recruited by a pimp within 48 hours of leaving home.
- 80-90% of girls involved in prostitution are under the control of a pimp and do not keep any of the money they make.
- 82% of prostituted individuals surveyed had been physically assaulted.
- 83% had been threatened with a deadly weapon.
- 79% of prostituted individuals reported being physically assaulted by their customers.
- 76% reported regular beatings by their pimps.
- The average lifespan for someone involved in the sex trade is seven years before she is murdered, dies of disease or commits suicide.